1.Import wizard will support for which Objects?
Answer: Only Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Solutions and custom object’s data can be imported. If we want to import other object’s data, then we need to go for Apex Data Loader. Using Import wizard, we can upload up to 50000 records.
2.What is an AppExchange?
Answer: AppExchange Marketplace is a website provided by salesforce.com that enables organizations to select additional applications, known as apps, to add new features to their Salesforce CRM application. We can Install 10 AppExchange apps in Enterprise Edition and Unlimited AppExchange apps in Unlimited Edition.
3.What are the standard profiles in Salesforce?
Answer: System Administrator, Standard User, Solution Manager, Contract Manager, Read Only, Marketing User.
4.What is a Profile?
Answer : A Profile is a collection of settings and permissions that controls the user what they have to do in the application and with access what they have. Profile controls Applications, Tabs, Objects security, Field level security, Page layouts, Record Types, General and Administration permissions, login hours, Login IP ranges. Profile controls object level access.
5.What are Field Data Types in Salesforce?
Answer :Auto Number, Formula, Roll-Up Summary, Lookup Relationship, Master-Detail Relationship, Checkbox, Currency, Date, Date/Time, Email, Geolocation, Number, Percent, Phone, Picklist, Picklist (Multi-select), Text, Text Area, Text Area (Long), Text Area (Rich), Text (Encrypted), URL.
6.What are the differences between Master-Detail & Lookup Relationships?
Answer : Master-Detail Relationship: If we delete master record then detail records are also deleted. It creates the parent and child relationship between objects.
- Child records do not have Owner field it takes parents record’s owner as child records’ owner.
- We can have maximum 2 master details on an object
- We can create Roll-Up Summary fields on parent object.
- We can’t change the parent object for child object once create. The only way is killing the both objects.
- Parent record is mandatory for every child record.
Look Up Relationship:
- In Look up relationship, if we delete parent record then child records are not deleted.
- We can have maximum 25 lookup on an object.
- We can’t create Roll-Up Summary fields on parent Object.
- We can change parent object for child object.
- Parent record is optional for every child record.
Some Important Points to Remember :
- We can track 20 fields for an object. We can’t track Roll-Up Summary and formula fields. We can’t create Roll-Up Summary field on User object.
- Capacity of picklist values are 300.
- Lenght of Check syntax: 4000 characters
- Length of the formula: 1300 characters. Size of the formula: 5000 bytes
- Only 10 Roll-Up Summary fields we can create per an object. We can create Roll-Up Summary field on parent object to perform operations on child object.
- Roll-Up Summary field performs 4 types of operations on child object. They are 1.Count 2.Sum 3.Min 4.Max.
- We can add 20 components for a dashboard.
- We can display 1000 records on each visualforce page.
- PageBlockSectionItem will take only 2 visualforce components.
- Standard fields are Owner, Name, Created By, Last Modified By, Currency, Division.
- We can’t create Look-Up or Master-Detail Relationship on User Object..
7.What are the External Ids?
Answer : External Ids are Number, Email and Text (Record Id).
Marking a field as an External ID is like saying that this filed is a primary key on some external system and will be used to match on for updates. So when you perform upsert or update, you can match on this external id field.External Id is a manual record Id will be used to integrate with external system.
8.What are the Record Types in Salesforce?
Answer : Record types allow you to create different business processes, picklist values, and page layouts to different users based on their profiles.For Account, Opportunity, Solution and Case objects we need to create business process before create the Report types.
9.What is a Role?
Answer :A Role is going to control the level of visibility of organization’s data. Mainly is going to provide the record level security.
10.What are the OWDs?
Answer : Organization Wide Defaults in Salesforce.com are the baseline record-level security for the objects in an org. OWD sharing settings are used to define the default settings for an organization. For most objects OWD sharing settings can be set to Private, Public Read-only or Public Read/Write.Private, Public Read Only, Public Read/Write, Public Read/Write/Transfer (Cases or Leads only), Public Full Access (Campaigns only), Control by Parent.
11.What are the Validation Rules?
Answer: Validation rules verify that the data a user enters in a record meets the standards you specify before the user can save the record. A validation rule can contain a formula or expression that evaluates the data in one or more fields and returns a value of “True” or “False.” Validation rules also include an error message to display to the user when the rule returns a value of “True” due to an invalid value.Validation Rules have 3 types of criteria. They are Error Condition, Error Message, Error Location.
12.What is a VLOOKUP in S.F?
Answer :VLOOKUP is actually a function in salesforce which is used to bring relevant value to that record from another record automatically.
13.When I want to export data into SF from Apex Data Loader, which Option should be enable in Profile?
Answer :API Enabled check box in administrative permissions of profile.
14.What is a web – lead?
Answer :Capturing a lead from a website and routing it into lead object in Sales Force is called wed-lead (web to lead).
15.What are the Types of Account and difference between them?
Answer :We have two types of accounts.
Personal accounts , Business accounts
In personal accounts, person’s name will be taken as primary considerations where as in business accounts, there will be no person name, but company name will be taken into consideration.